You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Nathaniel E. Fischer, CSC
Credit: Hudson 29
10 Ib Potato, Idaho 60 ct
2 gal Water, cold
16 fl oz Cream, 36%
1 Ib Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp Salt, Kosher
.5 tsp Spice, White pepper, Ground
4.5 cup Colcannon Vegetable(see recipe)
.5 cup Drained Horseradish
1. Peel and quarter potatoes.
2. Rinse potatoes under running water until clear. Drain off water
3. Add water to potatoes and salt and bring to a simmer (do not boil)
4. Cook approximately 40 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender all the way through.
5. Immediately drain potatoes and allow to steam for 3 minutes.
6. While potatoes are steaming add butter to pot, heat butter until just softened then head cream, vegetables, white pepper, and horseradish, until vegetables are hot.
7. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl and break up with whisk attachment until just broken.
8.Add butter and cream mixture and whip on speed 1 for 10 seconds, check consistency, whip on speed to for 10 seconds, check, whip on speed three for 10 seconds.
9. potatoes should be broken up but not completely smooth, and not chunky.
10. detach mixing bowl and season to taste.
11. place in two third pans, wrap, label, and place in hot well for service.
13 Ib, or two third pans
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.