You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Nathaniel E. Fischer, CSC
Credit: Hudson 29
From the Chef
“Strain using a larger strainer first, then strain using a fine strainer.”
1 #10 can Tomatoes, Plum
2 Tbsp Chipotle Puree (see recipe)
3 oz Garlic, Peeled, sliced
6 Ib Onion, yellow, peeled, quatered
3 gal Chicken stock (see recipe)
2 fl oz Oil, Blended
1. Sweat garlic and onion in oil, approximately 4 min on medium heat.
2. Squeeze excess oil out of vegetables with a towel.
3. In a stock pot, combine sweated garlic and onions, canned tomatoes, and chipotle puree.
4. Turn down to medium-low heat and cook down to a paste while stirring often.
5. May have to turn down heat to low after awhile to not scorch the paste. Approximately 30 min.
6.after forming to paste add chicken stock.
7. continue cooking on medium low heat and reduce again to about 2 gallons of soup.
8. Puree the soup, and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
9 Label, date, and refrigerate for later use.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.