Chorizo-Spiced American Lamb Loin with Charred Vegetables
You must log in to upload a photo.
(5.0/5) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Jesse Griffiths, Chef, Dai Due, Austin, Texas
The National Culinary Review, June 2016
2½ lbs. boneless American lamb loin, trimmed of all silver skin
1 T. salt
Black pepper, to taste
3 T. olive oil
2 T. apple cider vinegar
Juice and zest from 1 small lime
½ t. ground cumin
½ t. ground Mexican oregano
½ t. ground dried chipotle
½ t. ground dried guajillo pepper
Pinch ground soft cinnamon
24 green onions, trimmed
24 small ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
3 jalapeños, halved, seeded
Olive oil, as needed
½ cup cilantro, rough chopped
Juice from 4 small limes
1. Season lamb loin with salt and pepper. In small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice and zest; put in sealable plastic bag with lamb loin. Marinate lamb in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
2. In small bowl, combine cumin, oregano, chipotle, guajillo and cinnamon; set aside.
3. Remove loin from marinade (discard marinade). Pat spice mixture over all sides of loin. Grill over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, toss onions, tomatoes, zucchini and jalapeños in oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill vegetables, turning often, until well-charred and soft. Remove to cutting board; roughly chop. Toss vegetables with cilantro and lime juice.
5. Slice lamb loin against grain. Serve with charred vegetables and rice.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.