Classical Tournedos Henri IV
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Sizzle, Spring 2016
2 (3 oz.) beef tournedos
2 artichoke hearts, cooked
1 T. clarified butter
Fried bread croutons
2 oz. clarified butter
2 slices Pullman bread, cut ½-inch thick
3 black peppercorns
2 T. white wine vinegar
1 sprig tarragon
2 T. water
3 egg yolks
6 oz. clarified butter
1 T. tarragon, minced
1. Season tournedos with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat grill; add oil and tournedos. Cook to desired doneness.
For pommes noisette:
1. Peel potato. Carve out balls with ¼-inch parisienne scoop.
2. Saute balls in clarified butter until golden. Season with salt.
For fried bread croutons:
1. Cut two 2-inch circles from bread; pan-fry until golden.
For bearnaise sauce:
1. Combine peppercorns, vinegar, tarragon sprig and water in small pan. Place on heat; reduce by half. Strain. In stainless steel bowl, put 1 oz. wine vinegar infusion and egg yolks.
2. Place bowl over pot of steaming water; whisk vigorously until egg yolks draw standing ribbon. Remove from pot.
3. Slowly incorporate clarified butter into egg yolk mixture until emulsified. Fold in minced tarragon.
1. Place two croutons side by side at center of plate.
2. Put tournedos on top of croutons.
3. Pipe bearnaise sauce around edge of tournedos.
4. Set cooked artichoke hearts on top of tournedos inside piped border.
5. Fill artichoke cups with cooked potatoes.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.