Perfect Chicken Stock
You must log in to upload a photo.
(1.0/5) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Todd Jurich
The National Culinary Review, October 2016
From the Chef
“Todd Jurich has what he calls the perfect chicken stock, passed down from chef to chef for more than 30 years.”
Aromatics (i.e. basil, peppercorns, thyme, bouquet garni)
1. Put chicken bones/carcass in pot of cold water just to cover.
2. Bring water to a boil; turn off fire.
3. Cover; let steep 30-45 minutes.
4. Remove lid, skim off residue.
5. Add mirepoix vegetables cut in large pieces.
6. Bring stock to a boil. Turn off heat; cover, steep for 1 hour. (This adds the flavor of the vegetables without them breaking down and turning the stock cloudy.)
7. Remove residue. Add aromatics (i.e. basil, peppercorns, thyme, bouquet garni); bring to a simmer. Turn off heat; steep for 1 hour.
8. Remove vegetables; strain. Return to stove.
9. Add fresh herbs; simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
10. Strain again.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.