Pepper Tagliatelle Pasta with Lobster & Vanilla Cream Sauce
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Keith Sarasin, Chef Owner of Farmers Dinner in Boston, MA
From the Chef
“Made from a mix of salt, eggs, Lawry’s Zesty Lemon & Pepper Wings Seasoning Mix comes a Pepper Tagliatelle entrée from Boston Chef & Owner Keith Sarasin. Surrounded by shucked and butter-cooked lobster meat, this onion-garnished masterpiece is served in a dish bed of vanilla cream sauce, made with bay leaf and peppercorn-boiled lobster shells, garnished with fresh green onions.
“*For a yield of 24 servings multiply all ingredients by 6.”
Pepper Tagliatelle Pasta
1 cup Flour
3 tablespoons Lawry’s Zesty Lemon & Pepper Wings Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon Salt, to taste
1 each Egg, slightly beaten
2 teaspoons Water
8 cup Salt water
1 pound Chix lobster
8 cup Salt water
4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Divided
Vanilla Cream Sauce
6 cups Water
1 pound Chix lobster shells
2 tablespoons McCormick Culinary Peppercorns Melange
1 each Lemon
1 each McCormick Culinary Bay Leaves, Ground
1 bunch Green onion
1 tablespoon McCormick Culinary Vanilla, Pure Extract
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Green onion, chopped
For the Pepper Tagliatelle Pasta:
1. In a medium bowl mix together flour, Lawry's Zesty Lemon and Pepper Wing Seasoning Mix and salt. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour your slightly beaten egg into the well. Mix well and form stiff dough. Stir in the water, if needed.
2. Flour the surface of a counter or board. Knead the dough mixture for 3 to 5 minutes. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it sit for an hour to rest.
3. With a pasta machine or by hand, roll the dough until thin and in sheets. With a knife or machine, cut thin strips to make tagliatelle pasta. Toss the pasta in a small amount of flour to prevent sticking.
4. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook for 3 minutes until pasta is tender.
For the Lobster:
1. Boil salted water, add lobster and cover. Remove the lobster in 7 minutes. Let cool, then shuck the lobster keeping the shells for stock. Chop meat slightly. Place butter in a pot. Once the butter is melted, add the lobster meat and stir frequently on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
For the Vanilla Cream Sauce:
1. Bring water to a boil along with lobster shells, peppercorns, lemon, bay leaf and green onion. Once it comes to a boil, let it reduce on low heat for 30 minutes. Strain the broth saving the liquid and discarding the solids.
2. In a medium pot, bring 1 cup of cream and pure vanilla extract to a simmer.
3. Add ½ a cup of the stock to the cream and season over low heat for 4 minutes. Reduce sauce till desired thickness.
1. In a shallow bowl, place cream sauce to fill the bottom of the dish. Add pasta in the center of the bowl and place lobster around the pasta. Garnish with chopped green onion.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.