Every Time A Bell Rings (Cocktail)
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Chris Vivic, Bar Manager of Band of Bohemia in Chicago
From the Chef
“A savory cocktail accompanied with fresh orange slices, Clove’d Black Tea plus a McCormick Culinary® Chinese Five Spice and Vanilla Syrup, Every Time a Bell Rings has 5x the flavor, making it 5x the perfect addition to your refreshments menu. Don’t forget the McCormick Culinary ® Whole Cloves and McCormick Culinary ® Cinnamon Sticks for that extra bold touch.”
Chinese Five Spice and Vanilla Syrup:
25 grams McCormick Culinary ® Chinese Five Spice
5 grams McCormick Culinary ® Pure Vanilla Extract
1 liter Water
1000 grams Sugar
Clove’d Black Tea:
10 grams McCormick Culinary® Whole Cloves
5 grams Black Tea
8 ounces Water
Every Time A Bell Rings Cocktail:
4 ounces McCormick Culinary® Chinese Five Spice
2 ounces Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 ounces Gin
4 ounces Cognac
6 ounces Clove’d black tea
1 each Orange, peeled
4 eaches McCormick Culinary® Cloves, Whole
4 eaches McCormick Culinary® Cinnamon Sticks
For the Chinese Five Spice and Vanilla Syrup:
1. Add McCormick Culinary® Chinese Five Spice (25 grams) and water to pot.
2. Bring pot to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Allow liquid to cool then strain solids through cheesecloth.
4. Add sugar and McCormick Culinary® Pure Vanilla Extract to strained mixture.
5. Whisk until fully dissolved.
For the Clove’d Black Tea:
1. Add McCormick Culinary® Whole Cloves and tea to tea pot.
2. Add hot water boiled at 195 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Allow to steep for 3 minutes and strain.
For Every Time A Bell Rings Cocktail:
1. Add all the ingredients to tea kettle.
2. Heat to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Pour cocktail into tea cups.
2. Peel four length of peels from the orange using a y-peeler. Take 4 McCormick Culinary® Whole Cloves per orange swatch and push them through the peel. Rest on the edge of tea cup.
3. Place a whole McCormick Culinary® Cinnamon Stick into the cup after the drink has been heated. Take a small cigar torch and char it until it’s red hot and smoking.
4. Serve cocktail.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.