Collard Greens (2 ways)
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Gerald Ford, CMC, Ford Plantation
National Culinary Review, July 2019
1 case Collard Greens, Cleaned and Trimmed
2 Yellow Onion, Medium Dice
1 lb. Bacon, Ground
2 oz. Garlic, minced
32 oz. Chicken Stock
48 oz. Honey
16 oz. Apple Cider Vinegar
6 g Crushed Red paper
1. Render Bacon until crispy.
2. Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent. Add and saute for an additional minute.
3. Deglaze with apple cider vinegar and chicken stock.
4. Add collard greens and honey and simmer, stirring frequently until tender.
5. Adjust seasoning as needed with more vinegar, honey, salt
Take 3 cups of collard greens & cook in pressure cooker 30 minutes. Chill until cold.
Add 4 oz. blanched spinach & puree until smooth.
Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper, pass through chinoise.
1 hotel pan
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.