Red Eye Gravy
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Gerald Ford, CMC, Ford Plantation
National Culinary Review, July 2019
4 oz. Country Ham, Chopped
4 oz. Coffee, brewed
8 oz. Chicken Reduction
Salt and Pepper to taste
Molasses or Honey to taste
1. Saute country ham until golden and crispy.
2. Remove from pan and reserve.
3. Add coffee to pot and reduce by 1/3.
4. Add stock and reduce to desired consistency.
5. Season with salt, pepper, & molasses or honey, if desired. Chop country ham and add back to gravy for service.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.