Garden Hearts Hawaiian Ahi Salad
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Beat Giger, AAC, Consulting Chef, Pebble Beach Resorts, Pebble Beach, Calif.
The National Culinary Review, July/August 2013
4 Garden Hearts® petite hearts of romaine lettuce
1½ lbs. ahi tuna, cut in ½-inch cubes
¼ cup minced white onion
¼ cup minced green onion
1 t. minced fresh ginger
2 T. wakame seaweed
1 T. macadamia nuts, roasted, coarsely chopped
2 t. sesame oil
1½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 t. wasabi paste
4 T. mayonnaise
8 sprigs cilantro leaves
1. Cut 1 inch from base of romaine hearts; separate into individual leaves. Rinse well under cold, running water. Air-dry completely; chill.
2. In mixing bowl, gently combine ahi tuna, white onion, green onion, ginger, seaweed, macadamia nuts, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
3. In small mixing bowl, combine wasabi paste and mayonnaise; pour into squirt bottle or small, disposable pastry bag.
4. To serve, arrange leaves of half 1 romaine head in star pattern at center of plate. Spoon 1/8 ahi mixture in middle. Repeat for each serving.
5. Drizzle wasabi mixture over tuna salad. Garnish with cilantro sprig.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.