You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Courtesy of Dawn Woodward, Evelyn’s Crackers, Toronto, Canada
The National Culinary Review, January/February 2020
540 grams whole grain rye flour
24 grams baking powder
4 grams salt
1 T. anise seed
664 grams eggs
320 grams organic cane sugar
532 grams unsalted butter
50 grams honey
1. Whisk together the dries, excluding
the anise seed. Melt butter and honey
2. Whisk eggs and sugar until tripled in
volume. Add anise seed and then fold
in half of the dry ingredients gently
3. Gently fold in the remaining dries and
then fold butter and honey mixture
into the bowl. Allow the batter to
refrigerate overnight, covered.
4. The next day, deposit into buttered
madeleine or other molds of your choice.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
(Baking time may vary depending on
Sources for many forms of rye:
the size of the molds you are using.)
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.