Stuffed Sweet Bell Pepper
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Shaheda Yesmin
From the Chef
“Stuffing is my favourite.And as such whenever there is something can be stuffed I try to do that.”
STUFFED BELL PEPPER
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup sweet bell pepper, chopped
3 (200g) sweet bell pepper whole
½ cup corn kernels
2/3 cup sunset-salsa
1 cups chicken stock
¼ cup pineapple puree
¼ cup rice grain
2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
¼ cup shitake mushroom, thinly sliced
¼ cup boiled sausage, cut in round shape
1. Pre-heat oven to 250oC.
2. In a pan add oil and sauté the onion, add corn, 1 cup salsa and chicken stock in a pot. Bring
to a boil. Stir in rice grain cover and cook in low heat.
3. Slice ½” off tops of whole bell peppers and discard tops. Remove cores and seeds. Cut a thins
slice from the bottom of each peppers.With the help of a spoon take out everything from
inside. Washed and set aside.
4. Add cheddar to the rice pot and fluff with the rice.
5. In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil and stir fry the sausage and mushroom. Add a pinch of salt and
pepper, mix well. Mix with rice carefully.
6. Stuff the capsicum with the rice mixer.
7. In a baking dish add 1 cup of chicken stock and pineapple puree, mix well. Place the stuffed
capsicums on top of it and bake for 20 minutes. Uncovered. Serve hot.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.