Celery Root Hummus
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: ACF Chef Brandon LaVielle, CEC, AAC
From the Chef
“I developed this recipe during an ACF Chef of the Year competition and serve it warm or cold. You can use it as a side or as a starch to accompany a main dish.”
8 ounces celery root
2 quarts celery stock
1 cup garbanzo beans
1 ounce butter
2 ounces heavy cream
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon tahini paste
3 ounces canola oil or canola oil blend
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon white pepper
1. Combine celery root and stock in a medium saucepan. Cook until celery root is al dente.
2. Add garbanzo beans and cook until celery root is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. Strain, reserving 3 ounces of the cooking liquid and the celery root and garbanzo beans.
4. Place the celery root, garbanzo beans, cooking liquid, butter, cream, lemon zest and tahini paste in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. While the blender or food processor is processing at low speed, slowly drizzle in the canola oil to incorporate.
5. Season with salt and white pepper. Serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.