Wholegrain Flax and Berry Muffins
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Courtesy of the United Soybean Board
The National Culinary Review, February 2013
3/4 cup + 2 T. all-purpose flour, divided
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
½ cup + 2 T. packed brown sugar, divided
¼ cup flaxseed meal
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup + 1 T. soybean oil, divided
1 egg, beaten
1 t. vanilla extract
1½ cups frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.
2. In medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, ½ cup brown sugar, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk buttermilk, ½ cup soybean oil, egg and vanilla. Pour into flour mixture; stir until just blended. Stir in blueberries until just blended. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, 3/4 full.
4. In small bowl, mix remaining 2 T. all-purpose flour, 2 T. brown sugar and 1 T. soybean oil. Sprinkle over muffins.
5. Bake 18-22 minutes until muffin edges and tops are golden.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.