Hawaiian Sliders with Pineapple
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Rick Perez, Corporate Chef, Dole Food Company Inc., Westlake Village, Calif., and Chef, R&D Culinary, Consulting Inc., Jamestown, N.C.
The National Culinary Review, October 2012
1 (4½ lb.) boneless pork shoulder, well-trimmed
2 T. canola oil
1¼ cups Dole pineapple juice
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1½ cups Dijon-style mustard
2½ t. prepared horseradish
24 (2½-inch) sandwich buns, split
24 Dole Chef-Ready Cuts pineapple spears, thawed, well-drained, cut in half lengthwise
24 wooden picks
1. Brown pork on all sides in oil in large oven-proof saucepot over medium-high heat, turning as needed. Add pineapple juice and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle brown sugar over pork. Cover saucepot. Bake at 325ºF for 3-3½ hours or until tender.
2. Remove pork; cool enough to shred.
3. Cool pan drippings enough to spoon off fat. Combine shredded pork and pan drippings in saucepot; heat.
4. Combine mustard and horseradish in small bowl.
5. Spread each sandwich bun with 1½ t. mustard/horseradish mixture. Put 1½ oz. meat on bottom half of bun. Add two pineapple slices and bun top. Secure with wooden pick.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.