Hawaiian Sliders with Pineapple
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Rick Perez, Corporate Chef, Dole Food Company Inc., Westlake Village, Calif., and Chef, R&D Culinary, Consulting Inc., Jamestown, N.C.
The National Culinary Review, October 2012
1 (4½ lb.) boneless pork shoulder, well-trimmed
2 T. canola oil
1¼ cups Dole pineapple juice
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1½ cups Dijon-style mustard
2½ t. prepared horseradish
24 (2½-inch) sandwich buns, split
24 Dole Chef-Ready Cuts pineapple spears, thawed, well-drained, cut in half lengthwise
24 wooden picks
1. Brown pork on all sides in oil in large oven-proof saucepot over medium-high heat, turning as needed. Add pineapple juice and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle brown sugar over pork. Cover saucepot. Bake at 325ºF for 3-3½ hours or until tender.
2. Remove pork; cool enough to shred.
3. Cool pan drippings enough to spoon off fat. Combine shredded pork and pan drippings in saucepot; heat.
4. Combine mustard and horseradish in small bowl.
5. Spread each sandwich bun with 1½ t. mustard/horseradish mixture. Put 1½ oz. meat on bottom half of bun. Add two pineapple slices and bun top. Secure with wooden pick.
Appetizer, Main Dish, Pork, The National Culinary Review
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.