Thai-Style Pulled Duck Sliders
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Greg Reggio, Chef, Taste Buds Management, New Orleans
The National Culinary Review, February 2012
½ cup soy sauce
2 T. + 1 cup peanut oil
½ t. + 2 T. toasted sesame oil
½ cup molasses
1 T. fresh ginger
2 T. fresh garlic
1 Serrano pepper
1 lb. Maple Leaf Farms pulled duck meat
½ cup Thai sauce
1 cup white distilled vinegar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 T. fish sauce
2 T. red curry paste
2 T. Dijon mustard
¼ cup puréed roasted garlic
Corn oil, as needed
2 T. hoisin sauce
10 slider buns, buttered, toasted
10 t. (1/8 inch) basil ribbons
10 t. (1/16 inch) shredded cabbage ribbons
10 (¼ inch thick) slices peeled cucumber
2½ t. sesame seeds
1. Combine soy sauce, 2 T. peanut oil, ½ t. toasted sesame oil, molasses, ginger, fresh garlic and Serrano pepper; blend in food processor.
2. Put duck meat in mixing bowl. Pull apart large chunks (should be 1 x 2 or 3 inches). Add Thai sauce; coat each piece of duck meat.
3. Put vinegar, sugar, fish sauce, red curry paste, 2 T. toasted sesame oil, mustard and roasted garlic in mixing bowl; whisk until sugar dissolves. Slowly add 1 cup peanut oil in thin stream, using stick blender to emulsify dressing.
4. Put corn oil and marinated duck meat in skillet; cook about 1 minute, or until meat is hot and begins to brown. Remove from heat. Add hoisin sauce; toss to coat meat.
5. Per slider, build in order: slider bun bottom, duck meat, basil, cabbage, red curry vinaigrette, cucumber, sesame seeds and slider bun top.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.