You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Elizabeth Mikesell, CEC, AAC, ACF Chefs Association of Southern Arizona Tucson
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 ounces unsalted butter
1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes, drained
2 teaspoons salt
½ cup raisins
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
5 cups water
5 cups couscous
6 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In a large skillet, cook scallions in butter over medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Stir in salt, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, tomatoes, raisins, and 1 ¼ cups water. Bring to boil.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous and remaining 3¾ cups water. Let stand uncovered for 5 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
4. Pack mixture into greased or sprayed ½ cup molds. Refrigerate.
5. To reheat, cover with foil. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Top with parsley.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.