Flourless Chocolate Cake with Quinoa
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Alyssa Rimmer, Blogger/Author, From Baking with Quinoa (ecookbook)
The National Culinary Review, June 2014
1/3 cup plain almond yogurt (or plain yogurt of choice)
4 large eggs
1 t. pure vanilla extract
2 cups cooked quinoa
¾ cup melted coconut oil
¾ cup raw honey
1½ t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
5.6 oz. 60% Alter Eco dark chocolate with quinoa
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; line bottom with parchment paper.
2. In food processor with steel blade, combine yogurt, eggs and vanilla; process until smooth. Add quinoa, oil and honey; process 2-3 minutes until fully combined and as smooth as possible.
3. In mixing bowl, whisk together baking powder and baking soda. Melt chocolate over bain-marie. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix just until combined.
4. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes, until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Remove cake from oven; cool completely in pan. Transfer to wire rack.
6. Ice, as desired. (Chocolate with quinoa melted gently over bain-marie could be used as a glaze.)
1 (9-inch ) cake
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.