Green Apple Carpaccio with Red Plums and White Cheddar Shavings
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Jill Bosich, AAC, ACF Orange Empire Chefs and Professional Cooks Assn.
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup cold water
1 medium green apple, cored
1 medium red plum, pit removed, sliced paper thin
Sea salt, to taste
2 tablespoons walnut pieces, toasted
2 ounces white cheddar cheese, shaved paper thin
1 teaspoon chopped chives
½ teaspoon Turbinado sugar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine lemon juice with cold water in a small plastic bowl and set aside.
2. Slice the apple into rounds. Bathe slices in lemon water to prevent apples from turning brown.
3. Remove from acidulated water after 30 seconds, pat dry, and line a chilled platter with the sliced apples.
4. Layer the remaining ingredients in random fashion on top of the apples to finish the dish.
5. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve chilled.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.