Jamaican Curried Chicken
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Audrey Lennon, ACF Central Florida Chapter
From the Chef
“Your favorite chicken parts can be used instead of a whole chicken. For added heat, mince on Scotch Bonnet pepper and add in with onions. One cup of chick peas added with the water increases the vitamins.”
3 pounds chicken parts or pieces, cut up
1 teaspoon ginger root, minced
2 fresh limes
1 medium apple, peeled and cubed
1 cup onions, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 8 teaspoon pepper
1½ tablespoon Madras curry powder
½ quart chicken stock
½ teaspoon Cajun spice
1 - 14 ounce can of coconut milk
1 cup chick peas, canned
1. Cut chicken into serving pieces.
2. Squeeze the juice of the limes in a large bowl, add chicken pieces and toss, then drain.
3. In large heavy skillet heat oil over medium high heat, add curry and stir for 1 minute, then add chicken pieces and brown.
4. Add onions and garlic, cook 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Stir in chicken stock, spices and coconut milk, add potatoes and apples.
6. As soon as liquid starts to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Serving ideas: Serve over brown rice.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.