Roasted Stuffed Pears with Wisconsin Cedar Grove Organic Aged White Cheddar
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Christopher Koetke, CEC, CCE, Dean School of Culinary Arts, Kendall College, Chicago
The National Culinary Review, April 2010
4 Bartlett pears
½ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup dried tart cherries
1½ cups apple cider
2 T. butter
2 T. brown sugar
4 pieces (2x2x¼-inch-thick cubes) Wisconsin Cedar Grove organic aged white cheddar cheese
¼ cup Wisconsin Cedar Grove organic aged white cheddar cheese, small dice
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Cut ¼ inch off bottom of pears so they stand upright. Using melon baller, scoop out center of each pear (including seeds and core) to bottom of pear, leaving some flesh on peel.
2. In small bowl, combine walnuts, raisins and cherries. Season lightly with black pepper inside each pear. Stuff pears with nut/dried-fruit mixture, packing firmly; reserve leftover mixture.
3. Place pears upright in 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Pour apple cider in bottom of dish. Dot with butter and brown sugar. Add leftover nut/fruit mixture.
4. Bake for 1¼ hours, or until pears are soft when pierced with paring knife, basting every 15 minutes with liquid in bottom of baking dish.
5. Remove pears from oven; slice top off each pear at point where pear starts to taper. Place single cube of cheese on top of pear; replace top over cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
6. To serve: Place one hot pear in dessert bowl. Spoon baking juices and nut/fruit mixture around pears. Sprinkle diced cheese in bowls.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.