Kumquat and Avocado Salad
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Vince Blancato, ACF Tampa Bay Culinary Association
12 kumquats or oranges
1 medium head romaine lettuce
3 tablespoons raisins
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Wash and thinly slice kumquats or oranges.
2. Heat kumquats or oranges and red pepper flakes in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add raisins, balsamic vinegar and salt. Cover and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Set dressing aside to cool.
4. Rinse and dry avocado and romaine lettuce.
5. Cut romaine lettuce into 2 inch strips.
6. Peel and pit the avocado and then cut into ½ inch slices.
7. Divide avocado and lettuce on 4 salad plates and pour the dressing over each salad.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.