You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Vince Blancato, ACF Tampa Bay Culinary Association Inc.
1½ pounds salmon filet, skin on, cut into 4 pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
1½ cups low-fat milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1½ teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a 12 inch sauté pan.
2. Add shallots and sauté until soft, about 1 minute.
3. Add milk, salt and pepper. Bring to low boil, and then reduce heat medium/low heat.
4. Add the 4 salmon filets skin side up, after 30 seconds, turn over the filets.
5. Cover and poach gently, occasionally spooning the cooking liquid over the top of the salmon. Poach until the salmon is opaque, about 10-12 minutes.
6. With a slotted spatula, transfer salmon to a warm serving platter, cover and keep warm.
7. In a small bowl, mix lemon juice with the cornstarch, and then slowly add it to the poaching liquid, stirring constantly until it slightly thickens about 1-2 minutes.
8. Stir in mustard, sour cream and dill.
9. Garnish with lemon wedges and dills sprigs.
10. Serve with the mustard dill sauce.
4 6-oz. servings
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.