Roasted Green Garlic Biscotti
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Michael Giletto, Executive Chef, Cherry Valley Country Club, Skillman, N.J. and Alina Eisenhauer, Executive Pastry Chef, Eat Dessert First Inc., DBA Sweet, Worcester, Mass.
The National Culinary Review, May 2010
1 small head green garlic
Canola or vegetable oil, as needed
1¼ cups + 1 T. sugar
4 oz. unsalted butter
3 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
3½ cups all-purpose flour
½ t. baking powder
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup white-chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Place garlic (bulb only), cut in quarters, on sheet of foil; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1 T. sugar; close foil around garlic to make packet. Bake 40 minutes to 1 hour, until garlic is soft and squeezable.
2. Cream butter, remaining sugar and garlic until light and fluffy. Add eggs slowly, one at a time; add vanilla. Scrape bowl well after each addition.
3. Add flour and baking powder; mix until combined. Add almonds and white-chocolate chips; mix to combine.
4. Shape into two logs approximately 1½ inches tall by 2½ inches wide. Place on lightly sprayed baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature.
5. Slice into approximately 1-inch slices; put back on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes longer, or until they just begin to brown.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.