You must log in to upload a photo.
(5.0/5) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Joshua Wickham, CEC, CEPC, WCC
Sizzle, Winter 2013
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
¾ cup almond flour
1 T. pistachio paste
2 egg whites
Pinch cream of tartar
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup finely chopped pistachi
1. Combine confectioners’ sugar, almond flour and pistachio paste in food processor; pulse until fine and evenly combined. Sift twice; set aside.
2. Whip egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar. Continue whipping to soft peaks.
3. Gradually add granulated sugar; continue to whip to shiny stiff peaks.
4. Sift reserved flour mixture over meringue; fold in until evenly combined.
5. With ½-inch round tip, pipe into 1½-inch rounds onto parchment-lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios; allow to dry for 15 minutes.
6. Bake at 300°F. until crisp and shiny, about 8 minutes.
7. Once cool, sandwich with buttercream; set aside for plating.
12 sandwich cookies
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.