Risotto alla Milanese
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Pietro Vitelli, CCE
Sizzle, Spring 2014
3 cups chicken stock
2 T. butter
2 oz. onion, minced
¼ cup veal bone marrow, sliced
1 cup arborio rice
¼ cup white wine
1/8 t. crushed saffron
2 T. butter, softened
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In saucepot, bring chicken stock to a simmer; keep over low heat.
2. In saute pan on medium heat, melt butter. Sweat onion (no color).
3. Once onion is translucent, add sliced bone marrow and rice. Stir rice to coat with fat.
4. Add wine; continue to stir until absorbed.
5. Gradually add stock in 2- to 3-oz. increments. Stir rice continuously until stock is absorbed.
6. Add saffron; add another 2-3 oz. stock. Stir until absorbed. Continue process until rice is cooked al dente. Finish rice with softened butter and Parmesan cheese; season with salt and pepper.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.