Risotto alla Milanese
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Edward G. Leonard, CMC, WGMC, FSP, AAC
Sizzle, Spring 2014
2 T. butter
1 T. grapeseed oil
1 large shallot, minced
1 cup vialone nano rice
¼ cup white wine
3 cups chicken broth (rich quality—hot)
1/6 t. (approximately) crushed
¼ cup heavy cream
3 T. cold diced butter
¼ cup aged Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1. In stainless steel heavy pan, add oil and butter; sweat shallots.
2. Add rice. Stir with wooden spoon until rice is coated with fat.
3. Deglaze rice with wine. Cook on medium heat; continue to stir until wine is absorbed.
4. Add half the broth; stir continuously until absorbed. Add remaining broth and saffron.
5. Continue cooking and stirring until rice is creamy and al dente.
6. Fold in cream, cold butter and cheese; season with kosher salt and pepper, to taste.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.