You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Suzanne Campbell, CEC, Instructor, Pulaski Technical College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute, Little Rock, Ark.
Sizzle, Spring 2014
5 lbs. pork shoulder
1 lb. pork fat
1½ oz. kosher salt
¼ cup breadcrumbs
3 T. coarsely chopped marjoram
1 T. black pepper
1 t. white pepper
1 t. mace
2 t. nutmeg
2 t. sage
½ cup ice water
1. Combine all ingredients except water; mix to distribute evenly. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Grind mixture through small die into bowl set in ice.
3. Mix chilled water into meat until uniform stickiness is achieved.
4. Cook small portion of sausage mix; taste. Adjust seasoning as required.
5. Stuff sausage mix into casings in long, single, curled links.
6. Saute or roast to 150°F.
5 lbs. or 60 (4-inch) sausage links
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.