You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Patrick O'Brien
Sizzle, Summer 2014
1 whole chicken
4-5 oz. duxelle
4 oz. bacon batonnet, cut
2 T. butter, divided
9 pearl onions
½ lb. button mushrooms
10 oz. pinot noir
1½ garlic cloves, crushed
1/8 t. dried thyme
1 bay leaf
4 oz. chicken stock
Parsley, as needed
1. Debone chicken; stuff (including legs) with duxelle. Truss chicken tightly.
2. Render bacon in saucepan. Reserve for garnish.
3. Brown ballontine in 1 T. butter. Remove.
4. Saute onions and mushrooms in remaining 1 T. butter. Reserve for garnish.
5. Deglaze pan with wine; bring to a boil. Make sachet with garlic, thyme and bay leaf. Add sachet and chicken stock to pan.
6. Return chicken to pan; roast, covered, at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
7. Remove and plate chicken. Garnish with bacon, onions, mushrooms and parsley.
8. For sauce, reduce roasting liquid by one-third. Thicken with blond roux. Season with salt.
9. Strain sauce; reserve
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.