You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Richard Kugelmann
Sizzle, Summer 2014
1 cup panko
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
5 oz. butter, divided
4 cans hominy
1 T. garlic, minced
1 oz. all-purpose flour
16 oz. heavy cream
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
4 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
2 oz. Gruyere (or Swiss) cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare hotel pan with pan spray. Combine panko and Parmesan cheese; generously coat pan with it. Some panko and Parmesan will be left over for next step.
2. Melt butter and coat remaining panko/cheese mixture lightly; set aside.
3. Drain and rinse hominy; set aside until ready to use.
4. In saucepan, heat 1 oz. butter over medium-high heat, add garlic; cook 1 minute.
5. Add flour; cook to blond roux. Add heavy cream.
6. Add salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cheddar and Gruyere cheeses, stirring constantly to melt cheese. Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
7. Drain hominy. Coat with cheese sauce; distribute evenly in hotel pan. Top with reserved panko/ cheese mixture. Bake until done, about 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven; hold warm for service, or cool, label, date and refrigerate until ready for later service.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.