You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Casey Shiller, CEPC, Coordinator of Baking and Pastry Arts, St. Louis Community College—Forest Park
Sizzle, Fall 2012
4 oz. cherry purée
4 ¼ oz. all-purpose flour
7 oz. granulated sugar
1 ½ oz. dark cocoa powder
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
2 oz. vegetable oil
4 oz. sour cream
2 oz. whole eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Grease one full sheet pan; line with parchment paper.
3. Combine cherry purée, flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl of electric stand mixer.
4. Whip on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl; add vegetable oil and sour cream.
6. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
7. Scrape down sides of bowl; add eggs and vanilla extract.
8. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
9. Spread batter onto sheet pan. Bake until golden-brown and baked through, about 20 minutes. Cool cake completely.
10. Cut into disks, using round cutter, to fit into bottom of dome flexipan.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.