Vanilla Bean Mousse
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Casey Shiller, CEPC, Coordinator of Baking and Pastry Arts, St. Louis Community College—Forest Park
Sizzle, Fall 2012
8 oz. pasteurized egg yolks
8 oz. powdered sugar
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 qt. heavy whipping cream
1 oz. gelatin sheets
2 oz. Kirschwasser or cherry brandy
12 cherry gelee disks
12 chocolate cake disks
1. Put egg yolks, powdered sugar and vanilla bean seeds in bowl of electric stand mixer. Whip to full volume.
2. Put cream in chilled mixing bowl of electric stand mixer. Whip to soft, runny peaks.
3. Bloom gelatin sheets in cold water until softened.
4. Heat gelatin and Kirschwasser until warm and fully melted.
5. Add melted gelatin to whipped egg yolks.
6. Fold in soft whipped cream.
7. Portion into dome molds until halfway filled.
8. Place disk of cherry gelee in mousse.
9. Fill remainder of mold with more mousse.
10. Cap with disk of chocolate cake.
11. Freeze until solid. Unmold onto screen.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.