You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Casey Shiller, CEPC, Coordinator of Baking and Pastry Arts, St. Louis Community College—Forest Park
Sizzle, Fall 2012
1/³ oz. gelatin
4 ½ oz. water, divided
3 ½ oz. sweetened condensed milk
5 ¼ oz. white chocolate
3 ¼ oz. cocoa butter
5 ¼ oz. sugar
5 ¼ oz. glucose syrup
¼ oz. red fat-soluble food color
1. Bloom gelatin with 2 oz. of water.
2. Heat until melted.
3. Combine gelatin mixture, condensed milk, white chocolate and cocoa butter.
4. Bring remaining water, sugar and glucose syrup to a boil.
5. Pour hot sugar syrup over chocolate mixture; mix until chocolate is melted completely.
6. Add red food color until desired color is achieved.
7. Allow mirror glaze to reach 95°F.
8. Pour mirror glaze over mousse domes.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.