You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Leslie Eckert, CEPC, CCE, academic director of culinary and pastry art programs, The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, Durham, N.C.
Sizzle, Fall 2013
93 g hazelnut flour
174 g unsalted butter
151 g sugar
186 g egg whites
74 g pastry flour
1 g baking powder
1 g baking soda
1. Toast hazelnut flour in oven until golden brown. Cool completely.
2. Brown butter in saucepot. Cool completely.
3. In mixing bowl, combine and whisk egg whites and half the sugar to soft peak.
4. Fold sifted dry ingredients, the other half sugar and hazelnut flour into egg whites. Incorporate browned butter.
5. Pipe into 3-inch greased Savarin rings; bake at 350°F in convection oven for 15-20 minutes. For proper doneness, financier should spring back slightly when touched. Do not over-bake.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.