Chamomile Caramel Sauce
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Leslie Eckert, CEPC, CCE, academic director of culinary and pastry art programs, The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, Durham, N.C.
Sizzle, Fall 2013
170 g water
9 g dried chamomile flowers
108 g sugar
29 g lemon juice
1. Bring water to a boil. In heat-safe container, pour over chamomile flowers; cover. Allow to steep for 5 minutes. Strain though coffee filter. Discard solids.
2. Pour infused liquid into small saucepan; keep covered.
3. In medium heavybottomed saucepan, caramelize sugar over medium heat to light brown, stirring constantly with long-handled heat resistant spatula.
4. Meanwhile, bring infusion back to a boil.
5. Remove caramelized sugar from heat. Carefully add small amount of hot chamomile infusion, stirring constantly. Put back over low heat. Gradually add remaining infusion while stirring.
6. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Keep covered. Store at room temperature.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.