You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Leslie Eckert, CEPC, CCE, academic director of culinary and pastry art programs, The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, Durham, N.C.
Sizzle, Fall 2013
5 pears, slightly ripened
84 g reserved chamomile sugar
35 g unsalted butter
1. Peel, halve and core pears, keeping stem intact.
2. Toss halved pears with half the chamomile sugar.
3. Heat butter in saute pan; sear cut side of pears until golden brown.
4. Transfer pears onto parchment-lined sheet pan. Continue baking at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until pears are softened.
5. Roughly 10-15 minutes into roasting process, recoat roasted pears in the remaining chamomile sugar. This improves overall golden color. Roast for remaining time.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.