You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Leslie Eckert, CEPC, CCE, academic director of culinary and pastry art programs, The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, Durham, N.C.
Sizzle, Fall 2013
226.7 g sugar
1. Cook granulated sugar to caramelized stage (313°F-330°F).
2. With fork, spin sugar over Silpat to create fine mesh of sugar.
3. Place Silpat in 250°F oven; warm until surface of sugar is tacky.
4. While sugar is still soft, cut out with 4-inch round cutter.
5. Place rounds on Silpat; place in oven to soften again.
6. Once softened, gently curl rounds into three dimensional shapes. Use immediately.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.