Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancakes
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Pamela Aught, RD
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, May 2014
From the Chef
“Use an overripe banana for easier mashing and extra sweetness.”
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
½ cup toasted wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
1 banana, mashed
¼ cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Combine the flour, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and banana in a separate medium-sized bowl.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir just until mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Spray a skillet with the cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle a few droplets of water on the surface; the skillet is preheated when water sizzles.
5. Spoon the batter onto the hot skillet using a ¼-cup measure. When bubbles appear in the center of the pancake, flip it to the other side. Cook both sides to golden brown.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.