You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Michael Wright, student, The Art Institute of Tennessee–Nashville, Nashville, Tenn.
Sizzle, Summer 2011
3 60-count Idaho potatoes
1 oz. butter
32 oz. chicken stock
8 oz. heavy cream
Salt, to taste
1 oz. minced parsley
1. Cut leeks, starting at white part and removing roots. Using only white part, slice ¼-inch thick. Let leeks soak in water to remove all sand.
2. Peel potatoes; cut into 1-inch cubes. Hold in cold water.
3. Place butter in pot on medium heat; melt. Add drained leeks; cook until softened. Add drained potatoes, stock and heavy cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for about 20 minutes, or until soft.
4. Purée with Bermixer until smooth.
5. Taste; adjust seasoning. Chill overnight.
6. To plate: Pour into serving dishes. Garnish with minced parsley.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.