Emerald Asparagus Soup
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: That’s Fresh - Kids Cooking Teams, Chef & Child Foundation, American Culinary Federation Education Foundation
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, February 2014
2 bundles asparagus, stems trimmed
2 medium onions, peeled, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
10 cups stock
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup whipping cream
Cayenne pepper to taste
1. After you wash the vegetables, chop them into small pieces.
2. Put the stock, asparagus, onion, carrot, celery and garlic into a pot.
3. You can use any vegetable scraps that you have saved from other dishes.
4. Bring the pot to a boil. Then turn the heat down and simmer, uncovered, until the carrots are soft when you stick them with a fork.
5. Let the vegetables cool while you set up the blender.
6. Use a ladle to put some of the cooked vegetables and some of the broth into the blender. Blend them a little at a time on low speed until it is smooth. Then blend on medium high for 1 minute.
7. Have a pitcher ready so you can pour batches of pureed soup into it.
8. When you have pureed all the vegetables and broth, add whipping cream and cayenne to taste. You can eat the soup hot or cold.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.