You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Nicholas Calias, CEC, Director of Food and Beverage Operations/Corporate Executive Chef, The Colonnade Hotel and Brasserie JO, Boston
Sizzle, Winter 2011
1 gallon water
½ cup salt
4 oz. sugar
1oz. juniper berries
5 bay leaves
1 oz. whole cloves
1 T. pink salt
1 lb. pork belly
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup veal demi
2 oz. soy sauce
2 oz. maple syrup
3 oz. Banyuls vinegar
1. Create brine by combining water, salt, sugar, juniper berries, bay leaves, cloves and salt. Brine pork belly for at least 8 hours.
2. Remove from brine; dry. Season pork belly with salt and pepper. Sear pork on all sides. Place pork in bag; cryovac. Sous vide pork for 10 hours at 82.2°C.
3. Shock pork in ice water; set aside.
4. Prepare glaze: Mix demi, soy sauce, syrup and vinegar; reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
5. Portion into 2 oz. pieces. Before service, fry in 375°F oil until crisp. Toss in glaze.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.