Hot Apple Flapjacks
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: That's Fresh - Kids Cooking Teams
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, December 2013
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 large eggs
2½ cups milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
Jam, syrup, molasses, honey, etc.
1. Measure sifted flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt into a bowl.
2. Beat eggs in another bowl. Then add milk, melted butter and diced apples.
3. Dump the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir just until the flour is all wet.
4. Heat a little bit of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
5. Spoon some batter into the pan to make little cakes. When you see “holes” forming on top, turn the flapjacks over with a spatula. (They should be nicely browned.)
6. After flipping, cook the flapjacks about 2 minutes more.
7. Keep cooking until you use all the batter.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.