Baked Crispy Chicken with Green Pea Pesto Salad
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Ed Colleran, ACF Central Florida Chapter, Executive Sous Chef, Universal Studios, Orlando, Fla.
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, September 2013
Spices: mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper
1 ounce fresh chicken tenders
Green Pea Salad:
Salt and pepper
1. Mix buttermilk and spices in one pan. Pour flour in another pan. Pour crushed cornflakes in third pan.
2. Rinse chicken, pat dry.
3. Coat chicken in flour; shake off excess.
4. Dip into buttermilk mixture.
5. Cover with crushed corn flakes.
6. Arrange chicken on sheet pan.
7. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes; then, reduce temperature to 350°F until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
For green pea salad:
1. Blanch peas and onions; cool.
2. Add yogurt to coat peas and onions.
3. Add pesto; taste for seasoning.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.