Potato and Pea Salad
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, September 2013
2 pounds small red potatoes (cut into ¼-inch slices)
¼ cup olive or canola oil
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced (finely chopped)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
¼ cup chopped mint and/or basil (optional)
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1. Put potatoes in medium pot and cover with cold water.
2. Put pot on stove and turn heat to high.
3. Bring potatoes to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are firm but slightly tender, about 7 minutes.
4. Pour potatoes into colander and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
5. Put the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in bowl and mix with fork.
6. Add potatoes to bowl with vinaigrette and gently mix with rubber spatula. Stir in peas, mint and/or basil and feta right before serving.
7. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.