Pork Scaloppini with Pistachios and Mangoes
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Elizabeth Mikesell, CEC, AAC
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, May 2013
From the Chef
“Chicken can be substituted for pork.”
8 3-oz. pieces of pork loin, trimmed and
½ cup flour (or gluten-free flour) for dusting
1 cup toasted pistachios, chopped
1 shallot, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch green onion, diced
¾ cup white wine
1 cup pork or chicken stock
¼ red bell pepper, julienne
¼ green bell pepper, julienne
1 serrano or jalapeno chile, minced
1 oz. lemon or lime juice
2 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 mango, cubed
1 cup mango coulis
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season pork with salt and pepper and dust lightly with flour.
2. Sauté pork in a large pan using olive oil. Brown on each side and remove from pan.
3. Add shallots, green onions, garlic, peppers and chile; sauté for one minute.
4. Deglaze pan with wine and pork stock. Add mango coulis.
5. Add a little lemon juice, cilantro and mango pieces.
6. Add pork back into the pan and turn in sauce until evenly heated.
7. Garnish with toasted pistachios, diced green onions and chopped cilantro.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.