Flax Seed Crackers
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Recipe courtesy of the Flax Council of Canada.
1/4 cup flax seed
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup skim milk
1. In a bowl of a stand-up mixer, add flax seed, ground flax, flour, baking powder, salt and margarine or butter. With the paddle attachment, mix on low speed until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
2. Stir in milk and mix until mixture forms a soft dough. (You can also mix the dough by hand.)
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into quarters. Turn out onto a lightly floured board. Roll out very thin to a rectangle 2 mm (1/16 inch) thick. Cut into 6 cm (2 inch) squares.
5. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
7. Preheat oven to 160° C (325° F).
8. Bake 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
Onion: 1 tbsp powdered onion soup mix.
Cheese: 1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
Italian: 1 tbsp oregano and 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.