Spinach and Artichoke Dip
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Stacey Antine, MS RD and HealthBarnUSA
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, March 2013
4 cups water
1 6-ounce bag of fresh spinach
¼ cup fresh basil
1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans, unsalted
1 14-ounce can of artichoke hearts, unsalted (or frozen)
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 ounces cream cheese, low fat
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup + 4 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded, low fat, low sodium
1. In a medium saucepan, boil 4 cups water. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. When water comes to a boil, add spinach and basil in small batches and cook for about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice bath to stop the cooking process and retain a vibrant green color. Squeeze as much water out of the spinach and basil as possible (squeeze excess liquid over a mug and drink if you like...it's full of nutrients!).
2. In a food processor, combine cooked greens, cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, garlic, cream cheese, sea salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and fold in a ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
3. Fill 4-ounce ramekins with dip mixture and top each with a sprinkle of remaining cheese.
4. Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese on top is brown and bubbly.
5. Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.