Chocolate Beer Ice Cream
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Nancy Berkoff, Ed.D., RD, a culinary educator, consultant and food writer based in Southern California
Sizzle, Fall 2010
1 pint heavy cream
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 pint stout, such as Guinness
1. Heat cream in heavy 1-quart pot until bubbling on bottom. Remove from heat; temper in chocolate until smooth and melted. Whisk in sugar. When sugar is dissolved, whisk in stout.
2. Cover; refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
3. Place chilled mixture in ice cream maker and process until reaches soft stage.
4. Transfer into 2-quart container or individual serving dishes; cover. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.
• More custard finish: use 1 cup heavy cream and 1 cup sweetened condensed milk.
• Mocha Beer Ice Cream: mix in 1 T. espresso powder as chocolate is being tempered into cream.
• Apricot/Chocolate Ice Cream: use 1½ cups stout and ½ cup apricot nectar.
approximately 1½-2 quarts
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.