Orange Bran Flax Muffins
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Recipe courtesy of the Flax Council of Canada.
1½ cups oat bran
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup flax seed*
1 cup natural bran
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 whole oranges (washed, quartered, seeded)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup canola oil
1 tsp baking soda
1½ cups raisins**
1. In a large bowl, combine oat bran, flour, flax seed, bran, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine oranges, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs and baking soda. Blend well.
3. Pour orange mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
4. Stir in raisins.
5. Fill paper lined muffin tins almost to the top.
6. Bake in 190° C (375° F) oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool in tins 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
*Flax seed may also be ground. Measure first, then grind or mill.
**For chocolate lovers, substitute white chocolate chips for raisins.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.